There are many different types of marijuana strains to choose from and many new strains keep popping up. With all the different traits that make each marijuana strain unique including growing strengths, potency, costs or even just the beauty of the strain, everyone has their own personal preference, but some strains are above them all. I have gathered information for numerous different sources to come up with a ten of the top most popular strains out there. Opinions welcomed.
1.White Widow – This bud has one of the highest percentages of THC known and was the 1995 Cannabis Cup Winner. Beautiful very crystallized nuggets with a long, very intense mental and body high. A favorite among stoners.
2. Big Bud – “The Big” gives you some kind of idea of the effects this strain will have on you – a big plant for a big effect. Big Bud is fairly shot with a traditional indica leaf structure. Big Bud is a classic favorite. With a devastatingly high level of THC, a hit from The Big is like a smack to the head, it proves itself as an excellent medicinal choice for chronic pain relief and relaxation.
3. O.G. Kush – Very compact nuggets with a slight lemon taste. Extremely heavy body high with a medium duration. Usually hits you hard.
4. Sour Diesel – The high has a medium duration but it is very intense. This bud has a very fruity taste with gorgeous orange and crystallized nuggets.
5. Purple Kush – The grower may have done a combined strain of purple haze and hindu kush, and renamed the hybrid “purple kush”. Very popular because of it’s intense mental high. Especially among artists.
6. AK-47 – This bus was the winner of the Best Sativa in the 1999 Cannabis Cup. AK 47 is very tangy. Its great for entire body sensation buzz. Especially popular for medical marijuana use.
7. Train Wreck – Sweet and tangy smell with pretty sticky nuggets. Quick and intense mental high.
8. Northern Lights – Northern Lights Marijuana has big crystalized leaves and was developed for high yield indoor growing. It has a strong earthy taste that is preferred by many. Northern Lights is renowned for its ability to be grown very easily and is a most lucrative plant for the indoor grower. Another favorite among stoners.
9. Strawberry Cough – Light and smooth taste with a subtle hint of strawberry. Good by the name, this bud packs a punch and will make you cough. Good buzz with a medium body high.
10. Blue Cheese – These buds are solid and firm to the touch. Give it a hard press and it will be “springy”. Light green, Just a bit of this bud can make you feel a bit wasted. Not sleepy, quite psychedelic, lots of colors. I really consider this a “happy weed”.